Imagine you have to maintain a hundred different technical systems and only three people to do so.
Imagine you are working on location, but the data you need is in the back end system at your office.
Imagine you want to get better at giving presentations, but are scared of practising in front of people.
This talk presents a number of solutions for HoloLens and HTC Vive that we built to help people acquire knowledge faster, and perform better at their jobs.
1) Theoretical part
– Current state of the labor market and why we need to fight the labor shortage
– Short description of VR and AR
– What VR and AR can add to the solution
– Immersive learning with VR
– Performance support with AR
2) Practical part: projects we did in this area
Clients: Dutch Royal Navy, Nederlandse Spoorwegen, Alliander, Bart de Graaff Foundation
– training on a “digital twin” – copy of real location in VR
– presentation training in VR with AI
– using the Hololens to add context aware information to locations
– using the Hololens to provide workers with manuals, instructions and other info they need to maintain technical systems
3) Lessons learned and most important building blocks